Administrative Assistant to the President of AICGS
- Assume primary responsibility for administering President’s correspondence and other documents of general purpose;
- Translate articles, letters, documents from English to German and vice-versa
- Schedule and seek appointments, arrange travel, and prioritize all correspondence
- Ensure appropriate follow-up to donations, grants, etc., and coordinate thank-you responsibilities with the Development Program staff
- Assist in compiling and preparing information for board and committee meetings
- Take minutes during Trustee and Executive Committee meetings
- Update all Trustee lists
- Submit travel expenditures, reimbursement requests and charge receipts for President and President Emeritus
- Act as custodian for Petty Cash and submit regular Petty Cash Accountings
- Create monthly usage accounting
- Assist President, Director, Finance, Operations, and Development and Development Associate with all aspects of fundraising for AICGS
- Assist with coordinating logistical details of annual Global Leadership Award Dinner (GLAD) to include coordinating design for event and marketing materials; coordinating publicity efforts on behalf of GLAD; assisting with cash flow projections, creating GLAD website, determining procedures for disseminating invitations; update website as prospects are won; email supporters about logos and ads; assist with on-site event coordination, to include selecting menus, décor, entertainment, music, design; oversee general correspondence, filing, records and data entry; conduct event follow-up
- Assist in coordinating other AICGS fundraising events and/or programs
- Enter and maintain prospect information related to development campaigns into Neon, and become familiar with generating prospect reports
- Conduct research on potential individual donors and corporations
- Conduct research on potential corporate, foundation, or individual donors
- Assist in organization of Public Affairs events and projects
High School Diploma/GED required. Three years related experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Classified title: Administrative Coordinator
Starting Salary Range ($s): $16.91 – $23.25 per hour
Employee group (Full time/Part-time/Limited/Casual): Full Time
Schedule (hours/days): 37.5 hours/week Mon – Fri
Employee subgroup (FLSA Status): Non-exempt
Department name: AICGSPersonnel area (School): Academic and Business Centers
Location: Washington, DC
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza (“the flu”) season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.